RAPID RELIEF FROM WET OR DRY COUGHS AND CONGESTION
Soothing, Calming, Gentle
Sugar, alcohol & tartrazine free
Soothing on throat and airways
Gargle first to clear post-nasal drip
High viscosity, great tasting menthol syrup
Fast acting relief for wet & dry coughs
Safe to use Day & Night
Benefits of key ingredients:
Ivy Leaf Extract: English ivy leaves seem to be able to break up chest congestion and relieve muscle spasms. It seems to help to breathe in children with chronic bronchitis.
- Safe for kids
- English Ivy has expectorant and antispasmodic actions. Researchers think ivy leaf acts on gastric mucosa to cause stimulation of mucous glands in the bronchi via par asympathetic sensory pathways. (Shulz V, Hansel R, Tyler VE. Rational Phytotherapy: A physicians guide to herbal medicine. Terry C Telger, transl 3rd ed. Berlin, GER:Springer, 1998)
- Preliminary evidence suggests iby leaf dried extract may improve lung function (measured as forced expiratory volume
in one second) in children with chronic obstructive bronchitis
due to its secretolytic and spasmolytic effects. (Gulyas A, Repges R, Dethlefsen U. Therapy of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases in children. Atemvegs und Lungenkrank enheiten. 1997; 23:291-4)
Hedera Helix (English Ivy extract) 10mg
Pelargonium Sidoides extract providing Umchalins 15mg
Sodium Benzoate 0.12% m/v
Potassium Sorbate 0.06% m/v
Adults and children 5 years and older: at the onset of a cough, take 2 teaspoons (10 ml) three times a day. Children 2-4 years: take 1 teaspoon (5ml) three times a day. If symptoms do not improve within 5 days of use, consult your healthcare practitioner immediately. For best results, gargle Expectamed in the mouth for up to 45
seconds before swallowing, and do not take with food or beverages. Do not exceed the daily recommended dose. In the event of overdosage, consult your doctor or pharmacist. If neither is available, contact the nearest hospital or poison control centre.
Dosage & directions for use
- Infants weighing 3.4Kg (7.5 lbs) or more. Take 1.5ml (one and half ml), twice daily. Consult a healthcare professional if use exceeds 7 days.
- Children 1 to 5 years old, weighing 12Kg (26.5 lbs) or more / Take 2.5ml (half tsp), 3 times daily for at least 1 week. Consult a healthcare professional if use exceeds 7 days.
- Children 6 to 11 years / Take 5mls (1 tsp) 3 times daily for at least 1 week.
- Consult a healthcare professional if use exceeds 7 days.
- Do not share medicines prescribed for you with any other person.
Sorbitol (sugar polyol), Reverse Osmosis Water, Xanthan Gum, Flavour and E122
Pregnancy and lactation
Not recommended in pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Warnings and special precautions
Use cautiously in patients with cancer or taking antineoplastic (anticancer) agents. Use cautiously in patients with liver disease or who are using hepatotoxic agents. Use cautiously in patients with blood disorders or who are using anticoagulants or antiplatelets
The most frequently reported adverse effects related to English ivy are allergy symptoms, such as allergic contact dermatitis, asthmatic bronchitis, or allergic rhinoconjunctivitis (inflammation of the lining of the nose and the mucous membrane that covers the front of the eye and lines the eyelids). Not all side effects reported for this medicine are included in this leaflet. Should your general health worsen, or if you experience any untoward effects while taking this medicine, please consult your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional for advice